Thursday, July 8, 2010

Kermit

My first "Film Strip" quilt finished, and it is beautiful! I love the vibrant colors and little Kermit displays, for the first time EVER I wouldn't change A THING about this quilt, I think it's perfect. I hope my nephew enjoys sleeping under it as much as I enjoyed making it.

As I haven't gone home to my parents in a while, I was forced to baste this quilt on my kitchen floor. As you can see, my kitchen floor is rather small and therefore difficult to baste a Full size quilt so I had to baste half of it at a time. This is the second half:
I used 390 saftey pins on this quilt, more even than the King quilt and I LOVED it. It made the quilting process soooooo easy and I would do it again in a heartbeat!
As you can see I used a different stipple technique for this quilt. I'm not sure what its technical name is so we'll go with the "loop" stipple. This might be my favorite kind of stippling, I also used it for the quilt "Sunny Day".
This quilt is so vibrant, it's bound to be a perfect birthday gift for a three year-old.
I LOVE the back and binding too! It was just so much fun!
This quilt measures 88''x64'' and should fit a Full bed quite nicely. After I took the pictures I washed and dried the quilt creating lots of puckery goodness! Both "Kermit" and "Frames" are wrapped and packed and will be delivered to their recipients this weekend. Wish me luck!

No comments: