Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Quilting Update

I have been quite productive lately. I was in another wedding two weeks ago...
And I have found time to quilt. I am currently working on a quilt in the beginning stages, just barely cut and sewn together, still in need of lots of ironing, assembling and a proper back.
This quilt will eventually be ANOTHER baby quilt. It will be a zig zag quilt with no triangles, my favorite type. I have come to realize that all of my friends are either getting married or having a baby, and it seems to be happening all at once. I suppose I will just keep going on my baby quilt extravaganza, after this one I don't believe there's another one in my near future, not that I know of at least!
I love zig zag quilts, they are so quick and a great scrap reducer!I also have a Christmas quilt in process that has been basted and is waiting to be quilted. I haven't decided the type of quilting I am going to use yet.And lastly, there is another quilt top hiding in my spare bedroom that is completely assembled and in need of some serious ironing and a VERY large quilt back. This quilt has been in process for over three years!!! It will be such a relief to finally be finished.
These are the only quilts in my quilting queue and it feels like quite a bit. Then I look at all of your WIPs and boy do they look overwhelming. I'm not even sure I could have more than 4-5 quilts in process, I get too excited. I find that I need to finish them immediately OR someone gets married or pops out a baby and I'm rushing to meet the impending deadline.

Either way, I can't wait to start another quilt, but only one. I don't think I'm ready for a WIP list 20 items long! Not yet at least.

1 comment:

Terriaw said...

beautiful dresses for the wedding - you look fabulous! I love your quilt projects too. Don't you love a zig-zag quilt without any triangles. I like Amanda Jean's pattern the best.