Friday, August 6, 2010

I've Been Busy

I've been busy cutting, ironing and sewing, and therefore I have not been diligent about posting my progress. I don't think I've mentioned it, but when I quilt I am deep in thought. Sometimes, I don't even do anything but sit, make notes on a piece of paper, and contemplate my finished product.


There is a lot of math calculations and planning that goes into a quilt, it's not all fabric and fun. I mean it is to me, but to the outsider looking in; it's difficult!
In the picture above there is a lot of planning, cutting, staring and thinking going on.

And finally, the less difficult part of quilting begins, after all the pieces are cut!Here is another quilt that has been taking up my time. I started it about a month ago when I saw this post.
I had the colors all picked out for a few months, ever since I bought that patterned center fabric. It's one of those inspirational fabrics that makes you want to design a quilt around it. And lucky me, Amandajean already had, in the exact color scheme I was looking for.


And as I begin to baste, Pepe takes a seat to watch.

3 comments:

Terriaw said...

Pepe - what a sweetie! Same coloring as my cat Angel, but opposite placement of the black and white - so cool. I love those black and pink fabrics together. Looks like a cool layout for that too

Little Lady Patchwork said...

Quilting is a long process but worth it in the end. I can't wait to see your quilts.

Stefanie

Btw-you have a great helper (Pepe)!

Sammy said...

I like your blog. Any pets, and I am sold.
I invite you to visit my blog, and I hope you like it.


Good Luck,

-Samya:-)