Friday, September 29, 2017

Too Hard to Part

I'm terrible with goodbyes. To cry or not to cry that is the question!

I finished this quilt in the wee hours of this morning and then went through the typical stages of grief when deciding whether or not I should sell this beauty or keep it.

Denial. I was literally standing in de Nile! Hahaha okay, jokes aside, I did feel like I was standing in water though. In water, in my sinking ship, holding my nautical quilt, knowing I should toss it over and float away but denying that was ever my intention. I wasn't giving it up... I'm not giving it up!

Anger. Why should I give it up? So what if I have twenty quilts hoarded throughout the house. They are my quilts! I made them! As my almost two-year-old says... "Mine!"

Bargaining. I mean my husband is an engineer on a ship. Nautical is our life! He would want me to have it. I even tried persuading my mother.
Mother: "You said you were going to sell it!"
Me: "But MOM!!!" *said in a teenage whiny voice*

Depression. Fine! All those hours, all that work, all of those pretty fabrics. I will give it up and I bet whoever buys it won't even appreciate it, no one ever appreciates homemade, hand-crafted items anymore anyway. I bet no one will want it. *insert sad face*

Acceptance. I will be fine. The quilt is beautiful. Someone will love it as much as I do and maybe more because they don't have twenty more surrounding them right now. Maybe another sailor's wife will find it, or someone in the navy. Maybe someone will buy it for those cold nights on their boat or to dress out their nautical themed living or bedroom.

I would love to say I decided to keep the quilt and I am currently wrapped up in it on the couch, sipping a cup of coffee, missing my husband and cherishing my creation but that would be a lie!

The kids are making messes, I'm probably doing the never-ending pile of laundry, vacuuming cheerios, feeding kiddos, and taking shots of espresso because honestly who has time to sit quietly and have coffee anymore...

So with that... My Shop is OPEN! Quilt is listed here! I'm sure you'll love it as much as I do!

Linked up with Crazy Mom Quilts.

2 comments:

Mari said...

Well it's certainly a lovely quilt, and I'm sure someone will love it as much as you do. And here's the best thing about quilting-- you can always make another one just for yourself! Congratulations on the finish and happy weekend!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Funny post. CUTE quilt! Best of luck with the sale of your quilt.